Available positions: Art Director
House of Cool, an outstanding full service animation studio that specializes in pre-production for feature film and television is seeking talented Art Director to add to our roster.
Flexing your creative and managerial skills working in collaboration with a senior creative team to help produce a visually engaging, high-end animated tv-series.
- Work with Director/Client(s) to capture his/her creative vision
- Collaborate with Producer to ensure expectations are kept within budget
- Explore and provide visual direction for characters, environments/sets and props to help create a visual roadmap for pre-production, and production teams.
- Assist with the creation of concept art, character designs, visual development and technical development guidelines
- Oversee and provide support to the creative team
- Prepare and present artistic material in art direction meetings, concept pitches, department launches and creative reviews for crew, studio and executives.
- 5+ years experience preferably in animated feature films & television
- Proven creative track record with strong design, layout, colour theory and creative problem solving skills
- Dynamic team leadership and supervision abilities
- Ability to work within demanding deadlines
- Knowledge of creative software platforms.
- Proven knowledge of production process
Now in our 10th year of business House of Cool has built a strong reputation working on projects like; Book of Life, RIO 2, EPIC, Hugo, RIO, Despicable Me, Gravity Falls and several Ice Age sequels, just to name a few. We have created a fun, inspiring studio for artists that nurture and challenge creative energies.
To apply for this position please submit your reels/portfolios and fill out our online job application at: http://houseofcool.com/cool-jobs