Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
The CG Lighting / Comp artist is responsible for creating and conceptualizing CG Lighting / Comp Sequences as required, which meet the aesthetic, creative, and technical quality stands of the production and in accordance with the production deadlines.
Deliverables and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a broad range of Lighting / Comp abilities in a collaborative environment to conceptualize and create the overall look, attitude and style of the character and set Lighting / Composition.
- Assist Supervisors in resolving technical issues and to develop tools, scripts, plug-ins and any other frameworks needed to streamline the Lighting / Comp process.
- Exercise a keen eye for creative continuity as well as QC all rendered layers for technical errors. Work with supervisor to resolve any discrepancies as discovered.
- Add 2D EFX as required working with 3D EFX artists to achieve EFX requirements.
- Ensure all final composited scenes are output in accordance with the technical requirements of editorial and for the project, ensuring that all required layers are included in the final composition, using approved light rigs to match look of show.
- Meets project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by Series Director / Episodic Director and the production department.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication, and exhibits a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members.
- Actively participates in team / department meetings. Consistently exercises sound judgment in all areas of performance.
- Mentors and offers support to less experienced artists. Providing them with guidance and instruction in the area of department focus.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must have previous Film / TV production experience
- Strong understanding of traditional Lighting / Comp techniques & principles
- 2D EFX experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Positive work ethic an asset
Why Work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here. Bardel offers ongoing opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on influential new industry projects. You’ll also be given the opportunity to collaborate and learn from other influential career minded Directors, Producers, etc from around the world.
We thank all applicants for applying, however due to the number of applications, we can only contact successful applicants to arrange a specific interview time.
Note: Only current BC residents who are also Canadian Citizens or have Permanent Resident status can be considered at this time.
For more information regarding Bardel Entertainment please visit www.bardel.ca