Under the guidance of the Post and Technical Operations Manager, the Media Systems Technician assists with the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of video and data equipment used within the studio supporting editorial, dailies, Screening Rooms and Studio Colour Calibration.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Assist with processing all digital media assets for production.
· Assist in liaise with the post, sound and broadcast facilities for delivery of all master materials.
· Assist with assembling media for show reels, conferences, festivals and awards submissions.
· Provide technical support to editorial, review suites and screening rooms.
· Track technical issues and escalate to ensure a timely and efficient resolution.
· Assist editors in troubleshooting and resolving workflow issues, including file management, image exchange, EDLs and dailies prep where needed.
· Track and maintain studio monitor and projector calibration requirements.
- 2+ years Digital Media experience in a similar position within studio or post production environment.
· Solid understanding of Avid Media Composer and relevant media management.
· Great understanding of Colour management and the tools required for maintaining the studios monitors and projector calibration requirements.
· Keen eye for detail regarding quality control of picture and a good ear for sound.
· Understanding of file compression, FTP and Digital Delivery applications.
· Knowledge and experience with encoding DVD’s, HD formats, frame rates, aspect ratios, resolutions and transcoding formats.
· Prior experience using, Photoshop, Assimilate Scratch and DaVinci Resolve is an asset.