Senior FX Artist
Type: Permanent full-time employee – in house
Salary: Depends on experience – Benefits plan available
Positions available: 1
Start Date: Immediately
Company Info: Mercury Filmworks is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Mercury has helped bring to life many of the most memorable modern animated television and film properties including Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Stella & Sam, Jimmy Two Shoes, Toot & Puddle, Ruby Gloom, Grossology, Gerald McBoing Boing, Curious George: The Movie, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, Fat Albert, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury is proud to be associated with partners such as Disney, Warner Bros., Universal, American Greetings, Entertainment One, Technicolor, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, CBC, Teletoon, YTV, Family Channel, and Treehouse. www.mercuryfilmworks.com
Job Description: We are currently seeking talented senior level 2D FX Artist to work on exciting high profile production with worldwide exposure.
The position is looking for a skilled and experienced candidate, who along with the supervisor and director, will help establish, reinforce and enhance the animated property by adding elements like magical dust, water and environmental FX to frames.
- Ability to animate character or prop elements that that Character and Prop departments cannot. (e.g. ropes, characters made of FX, rotating tires, etc.).
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to animate a scene on-style in most cases.
- Ability to work with FX Supervisor to generate stock, reusable FX and FX style guides for use by animators.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Toon Boom Harmony software.
- 2+ years of experience in animation.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and link to your demo reel to: email@example.com and reference: SRFX-0714 on the front and in the subject line of all submissions.
All applicants must reside in Canada and be willing to relocate to Ottawa, Ontario.