Available positions: Senior Story Artists
House of Cool, an outstanding full service animation studio that specializes in pre-production for feature film and television is seeking talented Senior Storyboard Artists to add to our roster.
As a Senior Story Artist you will help visualize written scripts and develop story ideas for major animated film projects in the most compelling, engaging, creative way possible.
- Draw storyboards that depict emotion, action, pacing, mood, staging, cinematography and strong character performances
- Ability to visualize and interpret written scripts and verbal descriptions from the director and head of story
- Hone, refine, delete, or create dialog where needed
- Ability to pitch sequences to the director and story team in a clear and entertaining way
- Engage with creative team to brainstorm story ideas that will enhance the overall production of the project
- Produce high quality work while adhering to strict deadlines
- 3-5+ years experience preferably on feature films
- Excellent drawing skills
- Dynamic storytelling and outstanding character performance abilities
- Strong layout and design skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Storyboard Pro or Sketchbook Pro
- Proven knowledge of production process
Now in our 10th year of business House of Cool has built a strong reputation working on projects like; Book of Life, EPIC, Hugo, RIO, Despicable Me, Gravity Falls and several Ice Age sequels, just to name a few. We have created a fun, inspiring studio for artists that nurture and challenge creative energies.
To apply for this position please submit your reels/portfolios and fill out our online job application at: http://houseofcool.com/cool-jobs/