POSITION: Character Finaling Artist
The Character Finaling Artist applies a number of techniques—including but not limited to sculpting, grooming, and simulations of cloth and hair—to clean up and enhance character animation on a computer-generated feature.
• Collaborate in the design, development and implementation of techniques and systems that simulate cloth and hair, and integrate them into the production pipeline.
• Create permanent pose space deformers that allow animation to achieve specific target shapes.
• Fix undesirable shapes and artifacts in shots coming out of animation.
• Simulate cloth animation in shots.
• Groom and simulate hair/fur animation in shots.
• Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
• Strong knowledge of Maya is essential.
• Good artistic skills and an eye for natural motion in humans and animals.
• Knowledge of ncloth, nhair, and yeti strongly preferred.
• Experience creating and using pose space deformers.
• Experience in rigging, modeling, and animation are pluses.
• A good generalist. Solid understanding of and experience with the entire animation production process from layout to compositing is a plus.
• Able to take direction and adapt to change.
• Linux experience preferred.
Apply to: Yoonha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Be First to Comment