2D FX Animator (Harmony), Copernicus Studios, Halifax
Why us? Copernicus Studios offers a fun, energetic work environment, competitive compensation and growth opportunities in an exciting business backed by highly experienced, top-ranked industry professionals. Come join Copernicus Studios where it is our mission to deliver excellence!
Previous experience with Toonboom is an asset but not a necessity. This is a new high-quality animated series using a combination of character builds coupled with strong hand drawn posing and traditional animation elements.
Copernicus Studios is currently seeking dynamic individuals to be Special Effects (FX) Animators at our Halifax Studios.
This is a new high-quality animated series using a combination of character builds coupled with strong hand drawn posing and traditional animation elements.
The artist produces all FX animation within the provided scenes. Utilizing any reference given from the design packs and following the timing from the animatic, the artist creates the FX in the style established in the series.
FX includes water, fire, smoke, dust, debris, electrical, lighting and all other aspects of effects design and animation.
The artist works within a small team of other animators and the job is deadline-driven and dependent on meeting the quality standards as set by the client.
- Previous experience with Toonboom Harmony is an asset but not a necessity.
- Must have 2D FX animation experience for television, and/or an ass-kicking demo reel.
- An impeccable understanding of the animation principles; highly developed drawing skills.
- Strong understanding of motion, weight, emotion, and acting, with an emphasis on clear storytelling.
- Strong work ethic, communication skills and a good team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet production deadlines.
- Must be willing to work on-site, here in Halifax.