Ottawa, Canada – We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Accounting Administrator to join the Mercury Filmworks finance team. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Finance, this employee will work collaboratively and provide bookkeeping and administrative support for our fast paced accounting and finance team. This is an excellent opportunity to work within the Film and Television industry. This role will also work with our HR software to provide support in employee management.
- Type: Permanent full-time employee. Flexible hours and work environment.
- Salary: $40000 annually (or commensurate with experience)
- Benefits: Health and Dental, Employee Assistance Program, and eligibility for term of service based matching RRSP plan
- Positions available: 1
- Start Date: Immediately
- Assist with Full-Cycle accounting duties
- Perform weekly and monthly bank and other account reconciliations
- Provide basic support for administration of HR system
- Minimum work experience: 2 years in a similar role
- Minimum education: Post-secondary education in accounting or finance from a college or university
- Must have strong work ethic
- Must be highly detail oriented
- Proficient using MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and QuickBooks
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to learn and collaborate
- An exceptional degree of professionalism, maturity, and absolute discretion with respect to confidential employee related information.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a self-directed capacity.
- Must be a Canadian citizen and an Ontario resident
Closing Date: June 22, 2018.
Please apply at the link. http://mercuryfilmworks.com/careers/
Company Info: Headquartered in Ottawa, Mercury Filmworks® is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Over its 19-year history Mercury has helped bring to life many of the most memorable modern animated television and film properties including the multi-award-winning series Mickey Mouse Shorts, Lion Guard, Wander Over Yonder, Star and the Forces of Evil, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Toot & Puddle, Gerald McBoing Boing, Atomic Puppet along with the feature films Curious George, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury is proud to be associated with partners such as Disney, Amazon, NETFLIX, Warner Bros., Universal, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and its home networks CBC, SRC, TVO, Knowledge Network, DHX’s Family Channel and Family CHRGD and the Corus Entertainment family of networks, Teletoon, YTV, and Treehouse.