Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world. Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for an Art Director for a brand new, studio-original preschool IP.
Guru is looking for someone to oversee the look of a bold, colourful new 2D series, inspired by modern animation design and naive children’s book illustration. Imagine a mash up of Jon Klassen design, UPA animation, and a Richard Scarry world of busy animals!
You’ll be responsible for the overall look and style of the series, manage a design team, and oversee the visual integrity of every shot. This role reports directly to the show’s Director.
Guru is a creative-focused entertainment company known for developing and producing internationally successful shows such as our flagship Netflix Original preschool series True and the Rainbow Kingdom, #1 US preschool smash-hit Paw Patrol™, in collaboration with Spinmaster and Nick Jr., Mattel’s Ever After High, from the creators of Monster High; and our own original preschool series Justin Time, winner of the 2014 Canadian Screen Award and nominee for a prestigious Emmy® Award and six Annie Awards.
- Oversee the design and look of the series, from initial design and storyboarding through final picture
- Provide detailed direction to your design team on every assignment
- Provide clear direction and revisions to individual artists
- Manage Director and Creator/EP expectations
- Review designs and ensure they’re of the highest quality and to production and client standards
- Review episodes in different stages of production to ensure the show’s look is maintained
- Communicate effective and production-friendly solutions to design problems
- Attend breakdown meetings and give input from the Art Department’s point of view
- 3+ years experience as an Art Director or lead designer in animation
- Strong skills in character design, location design, composition, colour
- Strong communication, time management and teamwork skills
- Thrive in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment
- Works well in a team and always strives for ingenuity and top level creative
- Degree or Diploma in art/animation/design field is an asset
- Thorough Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Experience with Toon Boom Harmony an Asset
Please email resumes, reels and blogs to email@example.com with ART DIRECTOR in the subject line.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.