PORTFOLIO ENTERTAINMENT is a creative-driven, fast-paced children’s and family media company committed to embracing change and finding new approaches to storytelling. Our in-house animation studio is innovative and teeming with talent and our international distribution division takes our content worldwide.
We are currently looking for a 2D Animation Lead to join our Studio.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Oversee the team of animators assigned by the Production Department while maintaining a weekly animation quota.
- Delegate responsibilities and ensure the successful completion of animation.
- Demonstrate a broad range of character animation and acting skills. This includes a deep understanding of the principles of animation, and how to best employ those principles to create performance that supports both the characters and story goals of the show.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of character rigging including technical processes involved, functionality and requirements.
- Take initiative to resolve art pipeline issues by researching, identifying and implementing solutions designed to streamline the art process and enhance productivity within the studio.
- Actively promote and communicate sound solutions to technical and design issues related to animation.
- Meet project deadlines/milestones, as set by the production department.
-3+ years experience in animation series production
-Computer proficient in Microsoft OS, Excel systems and other production related software.
-Strong knowledge of 2D Digital pipeline – Harmony experience an asset.
-Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through in a fast-paced environment.
-Be pro-active and solution-orientated.
-Be forward-thinking and able to troubleshoot, forecast and plan appropriately to avoid production problems and delays.
-Great communication skills and interpersonal skills.
-Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
-Maintain a positive, upbeat and professional attitude, and contribute to the collaborative, respectful and constructive culture of our studio.
-Take and execute direction with minimal oversight.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: Animation Lead in the subject of your submission. Only selected, qualified applicants will be contacted for personal interview. Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident to apply.