PORTFOLIO ENTERTAINMENT is a creative-driven, fast-paced children’s and family media company committed to embracing change and finding new approaches to storytelling. Our in-house animation studio is innovative and teeming with talent and our international distribution division takes our content worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Background Supervisor to join our Studio.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Organize, prioritize and assign shots and tasks to your team and respond to various requests regarding work at various stages of completion.
- Manage the workflow both in and out of your department.
- Creating Key shots for reference for mood lighting and technique for the team.
- Trouble shooting and helping artists where they need support of encounter issues (technical or artistic).
- Work closely with the Director or Art Director to maintain the visual style of the series and to review notes and instructions regularly.
- Being responsible for taking on some of the work an keeping up with your own quota in order to meet deadlines.
- Post completed work internally and communicate progress to managers and other departments.
- 4+ years experience in animation series production.
- Computer proficient in Excel systems and Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of 2D Digital pipeline – Harmony experience is an asset.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through in a fast-paced environment.
- Be pro-active and solution-orientated.
- Be forward-thinking and able to troubleshoot, forecast and plan appropriately to avoid production problems and delays.
- Great communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Maintain a positive, upbeat and professional attitude, and contribute to the collaborative, respectful and constructive culture of our studio.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: Background Supervisor in the subject of your submission. Only selected, qualified applicants will be contacted for personal interview.