Jam Filled Toronto is looking for a couple skilled 3D Effects Artists. As a 3D Effects Artist you will work with the Lead Effects Artist to create assigned effects deliverables. We are looking for applicants who are available to start Late April-Early May.
- Create effects for assigned shots using Maya and ensure continuity and flow within and between shots and Sequences
- Work with Lead Effects Artist to ensure that all individually assigned Effects deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule and Director’s overall vision
- Attend Effects reviews for assigned sequences
- Revise shots based on client, Director and Lead feedback within the expected turnaround time
- Troubleshoot and debug shot problems and escalate technical issues as required
- Coordinate with Lighting to ensure smooth integration of Effects elements
- Maintain a convention of file naming structures for all shots that is compatible within Jam Filled Productions pipeline
- Perform additional duties as required
- 1+ year CG visual effects experience in a Maya and/or Houdini production environment
- Completed post-secondary education in classical or 3D animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study
- Good working knowledge of Maya FX tools, Houdini, or other FX plug-ins ie. Real Flow
- Experience with Maya particles/dynamics and particle expressions
- Basic understanding of animation styles and techniques and the animation production pipeline
- Good creative and technical problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house production tools
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and perform to standard in a fast-paced environment
- Background in traditional art an asset
- Feature film experience an asset
Applicants must be Ontario residents and legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please submit your resumé and demo reel link with “3D Layout Artist – Toronto” to: email@example.com.
Boat Rocker Media and its subsidiaries, including Jam Filled Entertainment are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media and its subsidiaries, including Jam Filled Entertainment is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.