Last updated on January 10, 2020
Pipeline Studios is looking for a talented and passionate ART DIRECTOR to join our growing team!
Pipeline Studios is a leading global production company focused on developing, producing, and distributing award-winning kids and family content for audiences worldwide. As an industry leader, Pipeline Studios has participated in the production of Nick Jr’s hit show Sunny Day, Nina’s World in partnership with NBC Universal, Netflix Original Legend Quest, Fangbone! On Disney XD, and more!
- Lead a team of character and location artists in the visual development of animated productions
- Help guide and define the standards for the show’s creative direction
- Review and adjust assigned art submitted by all departments to ensure the creative direction is fulfilled
- Review the script and work with the Director to determine creative direction, as well as flag any potential concerns
- Oversee funpack designs and ensure they work with the script and overall look of the show
- Work in collaboration with other departments to ensure smooth deliveries throughout the production pipeline
- Work closely with the Series Director for overall artistic direction
- Share and execute a cohesive vision from initial rough drawings to final polished art
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- Mentor entry-level artists by providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in a supervisor/assistant director level design role
- Fluent in Photoshop and Toon Boom Harmony
- Solid professional communication skills
- Excellent artistic, technical and creative skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Be pro-active and solution-oriented
- A team-work oriented mentality, with a friendly, positive and professional attitude
To Apply: Please send your portfolio/reel and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Art Director” in the subject line.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Pipeline Studios Ltd. Is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know.