Elliott Animation is hiring in Toronto!
3D LIGHTING/COMPOSITING ARTIST
Fresh TV and Elliott Animation, a Toronto based artist-driven entertainment company is looking for a 3D Lighting/Composting Artist to join the team of a world-class animated television series.
Start date: Jan 18, 2021
The Job involves:
- Lighting in Maya, rendering in Arnold and compositing in Fusion shots and sequences for a VFX television series
- Building pipeline compatible light rigs
- Integrating FX, art or other elements into comps
- Propagating parent light rigs, layers and comps to child shots
- Ensuring continuity of light/shadow direction, light quality and shot contents from shot to shot
- Following established workflows, while using in house tools to ensure the creation of a clean inventory
- Adhering to naming conventions and other standards established for the show
- Working closely with upstream departments to ensure the receipt of proper material
- Maintaining daily quotas with regards to shot output and addressing notes
- Experience as a lighting and/or compositing artist in a studio environment
- Knowledge of Maya lights and render layers
- Experience with node-based compositing software (like Nuke or Fusion)
- Strong fundamental sense of colour and design
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deliver work on schedule
- Ability to carry a shot through from lighting to integration in compositing
- Experience with Arnold
- Experience with XGen in particular and other hair systems in general
- Knowledge of Python and/or Mel scripting
- Professional experience in surfacing
Please email your resume to the email below with the position in the subject heading and include your availability. You must be an Ontario resident.
Comments are closed.