Guru Studio is looking for an experienced Art Director to help us bring a brand new show to life!
You’ll be joining a vibrant entertainment company known for creating, developing and producing award-winning, hit shows such as True and the Rainbow Kingdom for Netflix, the smash-hit PAW Patrol, Mattel’s Ever After High; and our own Emmy Award nominated series Justin Time. Our studio also contributed visual development on the Academy Award nominated animated feature The Breadwinner.
At Guru, quality, original thinking, and respect for our artist’s workflow are at the core of our values. We’re always looking for passionate and committed talent, so come join our dynamic and growing team!
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the design and look of the series, from initial design and storyboarding through final picture
- Provide detailed direction to your design team on every assignment
- Provide clear direction and revisions to individual artists
- Manage Director and Creator/EP expectations
- Review designs and ensure they’re of the highest quality and to production and client standards
- Review episodes in different stages of production to ensure the show’s look is maintained
- Communicate effective and production-friendly solutions to design problems
- Attend breakdown meetings and give input from the Art Department’s point of view
Apply If You Have:
- 2+ years experience as an Art Director in animation
- Previous experience as a Lead Designer or Design Supervisor on a 3D/CG animated series
- Strong skills and understanding of all aspects of animation design including: character design and anatomy, location design, scene composition, colour theory, prop design, etc.
- Strong grasp of how design will function in 3D space
- Strong communication, time management and teamwork skills
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work well with a team and autonomously
- Strong leadership skills
- A drive for creative ingenuity and top level design work
- Degree or Diploma in art/animation/design field is an asset
- Thorough knowledge and experience in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with other Animation design software is an asset
Why Join Guru?
- We believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that allow us to grow creatively.
- Creating fun is part of our brand! It’s time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit!
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment w here candidates and employees feel valued and respected. Guru strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed in the recruitment process as all other candidates. If you have a disability, you may request to be accommodated at any time. Guru will work with all candidates to accommodate individual accessibility needs to the point of undue hardship.
To apply, please follow the link below: