Jam Filled Entertainment – Character Designer/Posing Artist
Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto Studio is looking for a Character Designer/Posing Artist who will create the visual direction for characters and character poses for one of our amazing productions!
You’ll get to:
- Create visually appealing character designs in line with the style of the production as assigned by the Art Director and/or Directors
- Create dynamic and anatomical character poses for use in animation
- Gather suitable reference material from various sources
- Revise work as per Director and/or Art Director feedback
- Provide creative input where appropriate
- Troubleshoot creative and technical issues as they arise
This will be your JAM if you have:
- 3+ years of Character Design experience within a series or feature animation production environment
- Completed post-secondary education in classical animation, art fundamentals, concept design or other relevant area of study
- Strong drawing & painting skills with the ability to produce visually appealing artwork
- Advanced 2D skills in Photoshop, with 3D experience an asset
- Excellent understanding of human and creature anatomy and physical limitations
- Ability to adapt working style to varying budget and schedule parameters
- High level of creativity, with the ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines
- Ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism well
What’s in it for you?
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio site here: Apply Now