Technical Animator – Rigging
We are looking for a talented technical animator to join our team and create functional and easy to use character rigs for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated individual with strong technical skills, and artistic eye, and the ability to create flexible, cutting edge character rigs.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances. Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
- Design and create full body rigs for in game and cinematic characters.
- Create facial rigs using a combination of joints and morph targets / blend shapes.
- Build tools and scripts to support the animation team in creating realistic animations.
- Collaborate with programmers, artists, and animators to develop a pipeline for a procedural character creation system.
- Modify and optimize rigs depending on artistic or technical feedback.
- Expertise creating full body and facial character rigs in Maya.
- Expertise with scripting languages such as Python or MEL.
- Experience using Motionbuilder.
- Deep knowledge of body and facial anatomy and the ability to create user-friendly rigs to allow for natural, lifelike deformation.
- Ability to create high quality rigs for non-humanoid characters.
- Comfortable working with physics driven character features such as cloth or hair.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional technical ability and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
- Familiarity with motion capture hardware and software.
- Experience using modern 3D game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- Experience creating 3D animations.
How to Apply
You will need to provide:
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating character rigs you have created. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject “Technical Animator – Rigging”.
Be First to Comment