Elliott Animation is hiring in Toronto!
3D LIGHTING/COMPOSITING LEAD
Fresh TV and Elliott Animation, a Toronto based artist-driven entertainment company is looking for a 3D Lighting/Composting Lead to join Lucas The Spider, a world-class animated television series.
Immediate start through to June 2022. YOU MUST RESIDE IN CANADA,
BE A CANADIAN CITIZEN OR HOLD A PR CARD.
The Job description:
- Work with department Supervisor to maintain production and manage departmental quotas.
- Liaise with Department Supervisor, Directors, Producers, and other Dept Leads, to ensure smooth transition of assets
- Manage and delegate assets within the department
- Lighting in Maya, rendering in Arnold and compositing in Fusion shots and sequences for a VFX television series
- Building pipeline compatible light rigs
- Integrating FX, art or other elements into comps
- Propagating parent light rigs, layers and comps to child shots
- Ensuring continuity of light/shadow direction, light quality and shot contents from shot to shot
- Following established workflows, while using in house tools to ensure the creation of a clean inventory
- Adhering to naming conventions and other standards established for the show
- Working closely with upstream departments to ensure the receipt of proper material
- Maintaining daily quotas with regards to shot output and addressing notes
- Experience as a lighting and Compositing lead in a studio environment
- Experience with Team Managment
- Knowledge of Maya lights and render layers
- Experience with node-based compositing software (like Nuke or Fusion)
- Strong fundamental sense of colour and design
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deliver work on schedule
- Ability to carry a shot through from lighting to integration in compositing
- Experience with Arnold
- Experience with XGen in particular and other hair systems in general
- Knowledge of Python and/or Mel scripting
- Professional experience in surfacing
Please email your resume to the email below with the position in the subject heading. You must be a Canadian citizen or hold a PR card. email@example.com