Job Title:3D Rigger
Company Name: Jam Filled Entertainment
Location: Toronto, ON
Salary Range: Not available.
Position Status: Contract
Union Status: Non-union
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Outstanding vacation package
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Focus on work/life balance
Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto Studio is looking for talented 3D Riggers for a brand-new Production!
You’ll Get To:
- Utilize Maya to create flexible and efficient rigid or organic rigs (including facial shapes) that meet all technical and creative requirements, and are compatible within the production pipeline
- Ensure that Maya files are clean and optimized
- Maintain a convention of naming structures and animation control structures for all rigs
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any model performance issues with assistance from key stakeholders
- Ensure overall adherence to all Jam Filled Productions pipeline protocols
- Keep up to speed with current industry trends
This will be your JAM if you have:
- 2+ years previous 3D rigging experience in a Maya production environment, with proven rigging abilities
- Completed post-secondary education in 3D animation or other relevant area of study is preferred
- Full working knowledge of Maya’s rigging techniques
- Strong background in traditional art with a good sense of perspective, form, proportion, and scale
- Strong understanding of character anatomy (including facial expressions), and an artistic understanding of motion and behavior
- General understanding of animation styles and techniques as well as a good comprehension of animation production for film and/or television
- Good comprehension of the animation production pipeline, with an understanding of adjacent department workflows and how Rigging interacts with the overall production process
- Excellent creative and technical problem-solving skills with the ability to check own work
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house production tools
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work productively and willingness to take initiative in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and perform to standard in a fast-paced environment
- Basic modeling skills
- Scripting and programming skills an asset
Company Website, About:
In 2007, three guys decided to build a studio that they would want to work for. Jam Filled has since expanded from a modest 400-square-foot attic in rural Manotick to a fully-operational, multi-production animation company with studios in Ottawa and Toronto. A dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, Jam Filled will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Jam Filled proudly joined the Boat Rocker Media Group family in 2016, which allowed the studio to spread its wings and grow as it continues to produce the highest quality animation and original content in the country.
Please submit your application here:
Commitment to Barrier-Free Selection Process And Work Environment/Possible Accommodations:
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
April 29, 2022