Job Title: Art Director
Company Name: Jam Filled
Location: Toronto, ON, remote, flexible
Salary Range: Not available
Position Status: Contract
Union Status: Non-Union
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Outstanding vacation package
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Focus on work/life balance
Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto studio is currently looking for an Art Director for an exciting new project! The Art Director will act as the main creative liaison between Jam Filled and the client, working closely with the Director on all aspects of a show’s design, look and mood.
You’ll get to:
- Act as main creative liaison between Jam Filled and the client
- Work closely with the Director(s) throughout production on all aspects of design, look and mood
- Lead team of artists through all creative aspects of a project, ensuring quality and consistency of style throughout the show
- Partner with Director and Producer to keep project in scope and on schedule
- Assign design work based on individual specialties
- Provide guidance and support where required
- Provide training and mentorship where required
- Provide direction and internal approval for all artistic elements and in-house design (i.e. assets, matte paintings, color design, lighting, visual effects etc…)
- Keep up to speed with current industry trends
- 5+ years Art Department experience in animation (2D and/or CG)
- Previous experience as Art Director in a CG Animation production environment strongly desired
- Completed post-secondary education in classical animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study
- Thorough experience and working knowledge in Adobe Photoshop (other design platforms/software an asset)
- Proven, significant experience with character and environment creation
- Demonstrated ability to adapt artistic style as required for each project
- Working knowledge of drawing software and CG animated film technology
- Cinematography knowledge an asset
- Hands on experience in any /all aspects of modeling, surfacing, layout, lighting, compositing an asset
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey creative and technical thoughts and ideas to others.
- Proven understanding of the entire lighting/compositing process (experience using Digital Fusion or Nuke).
- Knowledge of MEL scripting a plus.
Company Website, About: https://www.jamfilled.com/
In 2007, three guys decided to build a studio that they would want to work for. Jam Filled has since expanded from a modest 400-square-foot attic in rural Manotick to a fully-operational, multi-production animation company with studios in Ottawa and Toronto. A dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, Jam Filled will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Jam Filled proudly joined the Boat Rocker Media Group family in 2016, which allowed the studio to spread its wings and grow as it continues to produce the highest quality animation and original content in the country.
To Apply: Please submit your application here:
Commitment to Barrier-Free Selection Process and Work Environment.
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Application Deadline: April 29, 2022.