Job Title: Lighting/Compositing Artist (July)
Company Name: Jam Filled
Location: Toronto, ON, remote, flexible
Salary Range: Not available
Position Status: Contract
Union Status: Non-Union
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Outstanding vacation package
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Focus on work/life balance
Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto Studio is looking for Lighters for a brand-new project!
You’ll get to:
- Light/Composite assigned quota of production shots based on established key shots as well as creative direction from Lighting Leads, Lighting Supervisor.
- Ensure that production shots are completed according to schedule.
- Ensure resolution of technical issues.
- Troubleshoot and debug shot problems.
- Make certain that all quality standards are achieved, that shot continuity is maintained, and that shots meet rendering criteria.
- Collaborate with members of other departments as necessary to ensure proper completion of shots.
- Ensure efficient organization of individual work/files
- Remain current and up-to-date in lighting techniques through industry research and training
- Perform additional duties as required
This will be your JAM if you have:
- 2+ years of high-end CG animation production experience
- In-depth knowledge of Nuke or Fusion
- Sound working knowledge of Maya
- Completed post-secondary education in fine arts, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study, with proven artistic and technical lighting abilities
- Arnold experience is an asset
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey creative and technical thoughts and ideas to others
- Strong eye in lighting, shading, contrast and colour theory, and a proven understanding of lighting and compositing processes overall
- A passion for creating detailed and visually appealing lighting designs to help bring the production to life
Company Website, About: https://www.jamfilled.com/
In 2007, three guys decided to build a studio that they would want to work for. Jam Filled has since expanded from a modest 400-square-foot attic in rural Manotick to a fully-operational, multi-production animation company with studios in Ottawa and Toronto. A dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, Jam Filled will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Jam Filled proudly joined the Boat Rocker Media Group family in 2016, which allowed the studio to spread its wings and grow as it continues to produce the highest quality animation and original content in the country.
To Apply: Please submit your application here:
Commitment to Barrier-Free Selection Process and Work Environment.
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2022.