Job Title: Modeling Supervisor
Company Name: Jam Filled
Location: Toronto, ON, remote, flexible
Salary Range: Not available
Position Status: Contract
Union Status: Non-Union
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Outstanding vacation package
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Focus on work/life balance
Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto Studio is looking for a Modeling Supervisor to lead alongside the CG Supervisor with an assigned team to ensure all Modeling deliverables are completed and in line with the production schedule. The Modeling Supervisor will anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot any modeling performance issues.
You’ll get to:
- Define the creative and technical approach for the show with the CG Supervisor
- Ensure character, creature, vehicle, and character prop design work with Lighting
- Drive early asset design and development
- Troubleshoot cross-department Asset-related issues, and identify and drive efficiencies of any areas
- Drive reviews/ rounds with Director/CG Supervisor and give feedback/tech approvals
- Create and maintain training and discipline documentation
- Implement solutions for workflow, toolset, pipeline, and design improvement
- Assist and work with other department supervisors to ensure models are trouble free and work efficiently with the pipeline
- Work with TDs and come up with useful tools for the show in the asset department
- Attend other departments’ reviews to communicate modeling needs and provide insight for other department needs
- Maintain awareness of technical, artistic, and pipeline issues with the project
- Assess scripts/story early concepts and briefs to help breakdown model requirements and bid out appropriately
- Develop and maintain a convention of standards for all models and ensure that Maya files are clean and optimized
This will be your JAM if you have:
- 5+ years CG modeling experience in a Maya production environment, with proven knowledge of skills in each
- Prior lead/supervisory experience in CG Assets is required
- Completed post-secondary education in 3D animation or other relevant area of study
- Advanced working knowledge of Maya’s modeling techniques, with a good understanding of all checks and requirements needed to deliver a clean and optimized Maya file
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong background in traditional art with an excellent sense of perspective, form, proportion, and scale
- Excellent understanding of character anatomy (including facial expressions), and an artistic understanding of motion and behavior
- General understanding of animation styles and techniques as well as an excellent comprehension of animation production for film and/or television
- Great comprehension of the animation production pipeline with an understanding of adjacent department workflows
- Superior creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house production tools
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and willingness to take initiative in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Strong scripting skills and good understanding of rigging mechanics
Company Website, About: https://www.jamfilled.com/
In 2007, three guys decided to build a studio that they would want to work for. Jam Filled has since expanded from a modest 400-square-foot attic in rural Manotick to a fully-operational, multi-production animation company with studios in Ottawa and Toronto. A dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, Jam Filled will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Jam Filled proudly joined the Boat Rocker Media Group family in 2016, which allowed the studio to spread its wings and grow as it continues to produce the highest quality animation and original content in the country.
To Apply: Please submit your application here:
Commitment to Barrier-Free Selection Process and Work Environment.
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Application Deadline: May 5, 2022.
Be First to Comment