Job Title: Storyboard Artist
Company Name: Jam Filled
Location: Toronto, ON, remote, flexible
Salary Range: Not available
Position Status: Contract
Union Status: Non-Union
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Outstanding vacation package
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Focus on work/life balance
Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto Studio is looking for a Storyboard Artist to assist on one of our brand new incredible productions! The Storyboard Artist will create the board working from the Script, Nat Pause, and a breakdown of key action points provided by the Director at the Storyboard launch. They will formulate sequences for presentation and review, and revise sequences as per Director feedback. They will also actively contribute in offering creative and resourceful solutions for storyboard-related problems.
You’ll get to:
- Create the board working from the script, nat pause and action points breakdown
- Formulate sequences for presentation to the Director for review
- Note required revisions
- Revise sequences as per Director feedback
- Actively contribute in offering creative and resourceful solutions for storyboard-related problems
This will be your JAM if you have:
- 3-5 years of relevant storyboarding experience within the animation industry
- Completed post-secondary education in classical or 3D animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study
- Strong drawing skills with the ability to produce visually appealing artwork
- Experience with digital storyboard programs is essential (i.e. StoryBoard Pro, SketchBook Pro, Photoshop, etc…)
- Good understanding of the possibilities and limitations of CG animation
- Ability to adapt working style to varying budget and schedule parameters
- High level of creativity, with the ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines
- Ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism well
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of focus, with the ability to concentrate on one concept for long periods of time
- Working knowledge of cinematography, composition, film structure, and screen direction
Company Website, About: https://www.jamfilled.com/
In 2007, three guys decided to build a studio that they would want to work for. Jam Filled has since expanded from a modest 400-square-foot attic in rural Manotick to a fully-operational, multi-production animation company with studios in Ottawa and Toronto. A dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, Jam Filled will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Jam Filled proudly joined the Boat Rocker Media Group family in 2016, which allowed the studio to spread its wings and grow as it continues to produce the highest quality animation and original content in the country.
To Apply: Please submit your application here:
Commitment to Barrier-Free Selection Process and Work Environment.
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Application Deadline: May 16, 2022.
Be First to Comment