Job Title: 3D FX Artist Supervisor
Company Name: Jam Filled
Location: Toronto, ON, remote, flexible
Salary Range: Not available
Position Status: Contract
Union Status: Non-Union
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Outstanding vacation package
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Focus on work/life balance
Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists. We will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto studio is looking for a talented FX Artist Supervisor for our brand-new spooky 3D series. And let’s just say this isn’t your typical preschool show. The FX Artist uses their keen eye for design and knowledge of real-world physics to create high-quality visual effects, such as smoke, fire, water and dust, to add to the atmosphere of this exciting new series!
You’ll get to:
- Assign shots/tasks to the team and ensuring that all effects deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule and Director’s overall vision
- Define workflow for the show with the CG Supervisor
- Create Rigs/Template effects for the team, ensuring continuity and flow within and between shots and sequences
- Attend FX reviews for assigned sequences
- Troubleshoot and debug shot problems and escalate technical issues as required
- Maintain a convention of file naming structures for all shots that is compatible within Jam Filled Production pipeline
- Remain current and up-to-date in FX techniques through industry research and training
- Perform additional duties as required
- Assist Department Head by providing feedback for the annual performance review process
- 5+ years’ CG FX experience in a production environment
- Had managed a team with good Management skills
- Completed post-secondary education classical or 3D animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study
- Feature film experience an asset
- Good working knowledge of Maya FX tools, Houdini, or other FX plug-ins
- Experience with Maya particles/dynamics and particle expressions
- Background in traditional art an asset
- Basic understanding of animation styles and techniques and the animation production pipeline as a whole
- Good creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house production tools
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and perform to standard in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of any scripting language is a plus:
Company Website, About:
In 2007, three guys decided to build a studio that they would want to work for. Jam Filled has since expanded from a modest 400-square-foot attic in rural Manotick to a fully-operational, multi-production animation company with studios in Ottawa and Toronto. A dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, Jam Filled will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Jam Filled proudly joined the Boat Rocker Media Group family in 2016, which allowed the studio to spread its wings and grow as it continues to produce the highest quality animation and original content in the country.
To Apply: Please submit your application here:
Commitment to Barrier-Free Selection Process And Work Environment/Possible Accommodations:
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from all interested individuals across all gender and sexual identities, indigenous identity, ethno-racial identity, place of origin, age and ability.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Application Deadline: June 17, 2022