During the Covid-19 pandemic Prodigy is operating, hiring, and onboarding remotely.
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
Prodigy’s design practice weaves marketing, product, and game efforts into coherent experiences that inspire students to love learning, infused with brand personality, deep customer understanding, and AAA-level craft. In the design practice we have 5 core values: Impact, Excellence, Curiosity, Empowerment, and Ingenuity.
As an animator at Prodigy, you will have the opportunity to work on our newest game, Prodigy English – a life simulator that focuses on giving players the flexibility to live their best life in a virtual world. You’ll apply your talents to create and expand our roster of characters, animals, environmental objects and UI elements from the concept phase through to production. You will be able to apply your skill of bringing art to life and create a thrilling experience for students to enjoy while playing our game
- Building and expanding upon our in-game world, providing players with new characters, animals and environments to enjoy
- Support and coach other artists on the team, both in and outside of animation
- Collaborate with other specializations, including product managers, game and product designers, developers and other artists to provide the highest quality player experience for our users
- Continuously look for ways to improve yourself and the team in order to move faster and smarter, all while keeping our players top of mind
- Act in accordance with security policies and procedures
- A diligent animator, passionate about exploring new art techniques, ways to work, and ultimately creating thrilling work
- 5+ years of experience working with 2D animation in game development, ideally with a team
- Passionate about bringing life to characters and providing high-quality animation to players, with the goal of making the best game possible
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment
- Strong communication – both verbal and written – and comfortable keeping the team up-to-date with your progress
- Exceptionally reliable and organized, able to agree, commit and hit deadlines
- Ability to view the quality of the work you provide in many ways (visual quality, scalability of solution, adherence to designer requirements, in-game performance, etc.)
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to tackle new opportunities, and have a love for continuous learning
- Photoshop (Must have experience)
- Toon boom (Must have experience)
Working at Prodigy
- Our passion is our mission – to help every student in the world love learning! Together we are improving accessibility to education for students worldwide, and that’s what drives us to do our best everyday. Our culture centered around having a Growth Mindset and Extreme Ownership enables us to do great work while developing ourselves and each other in the process. As one of the fastest growing EdTech companies in North America, we have won industry accolades, including being named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies in 2021. Prodigy employees enjoy competitive total rewards including stock options and health benefits, as well as a learning and wellness fund. We value the importance of togetherness and host frequent and fun team events to stay connected and build relationships. Our hybrid work arrangement gives employees the flexibility to choose whether they work from home or in-office based on what works best for them on any given day.
- Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
- Follow us @ProdigyCareers on Twitter and Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.