During the Covid-19 pandemic Prodigy is operating, hiring, and onboarding remotely.
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
Prodigy’s design practice weaves marketing, product, and game efforts into coherent experiences that inspire students to love learning, infused with brand personality, deep customer understanding, and AAA-level craft. In the design practice we have 5 core values: Impact, Excellence, Curiosity, Empowerment, and Ingenuity.
As a Creative Director at Prodigy you will be responsible for setting the overall creative direction for the math game. You will help to foster an environment of creativity that inspires the game and product design teams to build a game that looks fantastic and feels fantastic to play.
- Define, maintain, and communicate the creative vision for the game to ensure a best-in-class player experience
- Partner with cross-functional partners to ensure proper creative positioning of the product, understand and build with our audience in mind, and inform the vision based on qualitative and quantitative data
- Work closely with other core team members to develop their specific parts of the vision and unify your concepts to tie together all design, graphic, narrative, and technical elements
- Ensure design coherence and a fun player experience in the finished product.
- Provide ongoing creative support for the project at all stages of the product lifecycle
- Review and discuss production priorities, timelines, and scope with the team
- Building strong relationships with leadership across the company
- Inspire, lead, and motivate a team of game and product designers from diverse backgrounds
- Ensure design cohesion and best practices across the team, and communicate them via documentation, presentations, and mentoring
- Act in accordance with security policies and procedures
- 5+ years experience leading and managing creative and/or design teams within the video game industry
- Experience with games-as-a-service design methodologies and building a living game for a large community of players
- Deeply familiar with what it takes to develop and ship quality experiences on time and at quality
- You are a strong leader, who leads from the front and sets a vision and strategy for the future that delivers today
- Knowledge of design methodologies, workflows, and processes
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion – you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally
- You have experience using data and research to inform decision making and measure outcomes
Our Core Technologies
- Backend: Node.js GraphQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Lambda
- Game: HTML5, Canvas, WebGL, Phaser, Pixi, Typescript
- Frontend: React, React Native, ES6, Typescript
Working at Prodigy
- Our passion is our mission – to help every student in the world love learning! Together we are improving accessibility to education for students worldwide, and that’s what drives us to do our best everyday. Our culture centred around having a Growth Mindset and Extreme Ownership enables us to do great work while developing ourselves and each other in the process. As one of the fastest growing EdTech companies in North America, we have won industry accolades, including being named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies in 2021. Prodigy employees enjoy competitive total rewards including stock options and health benefits, as well as a learning and wellness fund. We value the importance of togetherness and host frequent and fun team events to stay connected and build relationships. Our hybrid work arrangement gives employees the flexibility to choose whether they work from home or in-office based on what works best for them on any given day.
- Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
- Follow us @ProdigyCareers on Twitter and Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
Be First to Comment