During the Covid-19 pandemic Prodigy is operating, hiring, and onboarding remotely.
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
Prodigy’s design practice weaves marketing, product, and game efforts into coherent experiences that inspire students to love learning, infused with brand personality, deep customer understanding, and AAA-level craft. In the design practice we have 5 core values: Impact, Excellence, Curiosity, Empowerment, and Ingenuity.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Parents team, you’ll be part of a team that is working to launch our first mobile experience. You will help lead the direction for a native mobile experience alongside your product management and engineer partners by utilizing design thinking to ideate and curate delightful solutions that meet our customers’ needs. You should be familiar with both generative and evaluative research and comfortable unpacking insights to further develop and optimize the mobile experience.
- Apply your experience with product design systems and principles to create and refine features
- Identify, investigate, and validate complex design problems
- Create and validate hypotheses regarding what we can build to solve these problems
- Gather qualitative data from customers through interviews and usability tests
- Use quantitative data to guide decisions and determine the success of new features
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Work in a cross-functional team with developers and QA to ensure that we iterate quickly while maintaining an appropriate level of quality
- Incorporate and contribute to our internal design guidelines, ensuring consistency across the entire product.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer (or equivalent) for designing native mobile (iOS/Android) user experiences
- Experience using metrics to validate and inform your product decisions
- You have worked with a Design System and/or a component library and are comfortable working within technical constraints
- You have the ability to apply your design skills in product, interaction, and visual design to help create and build new features
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
- The desire to drive creative decisions through a user-centered design process, including research, ideation, iteration, and validation
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Figma, Usertesting.com, Dovetail & experience creating wireframes, user-flows, and interactive prototypes
- Previous experience collaborating closely with developers, designers, and other team members
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- A champion of Prodigy’s values: You’re driven to do what’s best for the User, to lead with a radically candid mentality, you seek out learning experiences and demonstrate accountability on every task.
Bonus Points For:
- Previous experience designing within Ed-tech or for a Parent-based product
- A soft spot for the end user – advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do
- Previous experience working with external teams to accelerate our Go To Market (GTM) strategy.
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate your design expertise
Working at Prodigy
- Our passion is our mission – to help every student in the world love learning! Together we are improving accessibility to education for students worldwide, and that’s what drives us to do our best everyday. Our culture cente red around having a Growth Mindset and Extreme Ownership enables us to do great work while developing ourselves and each other in the process. As one of the fastest growing EdTech companies in North America, we have won industry accolades, including being named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies in 2021. Prodigy employees enjoy competitive total rewards including stock options and health benefits, as well as a learning and wellness fund. We value the importance of togetherness and host frequent and fun team events to stay connected and build relationships. Our hybrid work arrangement gives employees the flexibility to choose whether they work from home or in-office based on what works best for them on any given day.
- Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
- Follow us @ProdigyCareers on Twitter and Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
- #Li-remote #LI-SM1