Link to website: lookmomproductions.com
Company Name: Look Mom! Productions
Location: Toronto, Remote/Hybrid
Salary Range: $1200/week
Position Type: Contract (10 week), Full-time
Union Status: Non-Union
Deadline to Apply: Sept 23, 2022
Look Mom! Productions is an animation production company and subsidiary of Blue and Media specializing in original series and feature development as well as production services.
Our Toronto-based, full-service studio was born out of a desire to shepherd our own projects through the production process in an effort to maintain creative integrity. Look Mom! boasts a distinct and vast talent network, having worked with more than 500 independent artists, writers, and comedians over the course of the last several years. We just want to create stuff that would make our moms proud (and maybe some stuff that wouldn’t).
We’re looking to hire an experienced 3D Animation Artist to animate shots in accordance with the Director’s overall vision to bring our characters to life. You’ll work alongside your team and supervisor to ensure the overall consistency and quality level of each episode shot by shot.
This is a hybrid position, with the option to work in our Toronto office or remotely depending on where you reside. Please send your resume & portfolio to email@example.com with the subject: YOUR NAME – 3D ANIMATOR APPLICATION – DOOMLANDS 2
- Attend animation launches and check-ins, provide input and flag possible issues
- Consistently follow boards and launch notes and suggest ideas to better a scene, in line with the style of the show
- Deliver assigned scenes on schedule that are consistent in quality and style of the show
- Handle revisions as required while completing assigned quota
- Work with the animation team to ensure that scenes fit into the episode as a whole and are in line with the Director’s vision
- Work closely with the rigging team to troubleshoot and problem solve potential rig issues
- Use/manipulate available assets when needed while staying on model
- Be accountable for correct hook-ups and revisions before submitting a scene
- Currently residing in Ontario
- 1+ years of previous experience as an Animator on an animation production
- Completed post-secondary education in 3D animation or other relevant area of study
- Proficient in the use of Blender software
- Solid understanding of weight and balance, lip sync, and character timing
- Able to utilize space and posing choices effectively
- Ability to both use rigs and go beyond the rig to redraw poses and expressions, draw assets into your scenes as needed, along with the ability to use node view.
- Must be comfortable inserting backgrounds within an animation, implementing correct layering and framing
- Collaborative with a positive attitude, can take direction and critiques in a professional manner
- Detail oriented with the ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Creative problem-solving skills, solutions oriented
Look Mom! Productions is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, and we strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group.
Be First to Comment