Job Title: 2D Harmony Builder
Company Name: Jam Filled
Location: Toronto, Ottawa, Halifax, Remote/flexible
Salary Range: Not available
Position Status: Contract
Union Status: Non-Union
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Outstanding vacation package
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Focus on work/life balance
Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
We’re looking for Harmony Builders/Riggers for all three of our studios; Toronto, Ottawa, and Halifax!
You’ll get to:
- Work as a team with fellow Builders
- Follow direction from your Supervisor(s)
- Build complex rigs for characters and props in a 2D environment
- Manage time to meet the weekly deadlines
- Solve problems with builds/rigs to ensure animators can produce the animation needed for the production
- Revise builds/rigs as needed, to meet the expectations of the Supervisor(s)/Director(s)
- 3+ years of industry experience is preferred
- Previous experience building/rigging characters and props in a 2D animation production environment (ideally episodic) is preferred
- Technical knowledge in ToonBoom Harmony is required
- Experience building/rigging in ToonBoom Harmony is preferred
- Experience with building/rigging in Maya, Flash or other programs is an asset
- Strong drawing skills in various styles
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and ask questions, and develop overall skills in Builds department
- Ability to take direction from the supervisors and follow proper procedures
- Ability to adapt to various show styles and work within schedule parameters
Company Website, About:
In 2007, three guys decided to build a studio that they would want to work for. Jam Filled has since expanded from a modest 400-square-foot attic in rural Manotick to a fully-operational, multi-production animation company with studios in Ottawa and Toronto. A dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, Jam Filled will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Jam Filled proudly joined the Boat Rocker Media Group family in 2016, which allowed the studio to spread its wings and grow as it continues to produce the highest quality animation and original content in the country.
To Apply: Please submit your application here:
Commitment to Barrier-Free Selection Process And Work Environment/Possible Accommodations:
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from all interested individuals across all gender and sexual identities, indigenous identity, ethno-racial identity, place of origin, age and ability.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Application Deadline: November 7, 2022