Job Title: 3D Animator
Company Name: Jam Filled
Location: Toronto, Ottawa, Halifax, Remote/flexible
Salary Range: Not available
Position Status: Contract
Union Status: Non-Union
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Outstanding vacation package
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Focus on work/life balance
Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Ottawa and Toronto Studios are looking for intermediate – senior level 3D Animators to animate shots in accordance with the Director’s overall vision for our incredible CG series. The animator checks in regularly with supervising animators regarding individual progress and with the animation producer regarding tasks and available work. This role must anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot any technical issues.
You’ll get to:
- Complete assigned shots in accordance with Director’s overall vision
- Gather suitable reference material from various sources
- Animate characters and props using Maya and be assigned a weekly quota
- Attend all meetings to understand the Director and Animation Director’s needs, and note required revisions
- Revise shots as directed
- Ensure that all assigned shots are completed within required timelines
- Check in with supervising animators regarding progress, and check in with animation producer regarding tasks and available work
- Perform additional duties as required
- 2+ years’ experience of CG character animation experience with proven animation skills in long form series or feature.
- Completed post-secondary education in 3D animation or other relevant area of study
- Working knowledge of CG Animation Software (experience with Maya a tremendous asset)
- Previous study of anatomy, perspective and composition, with strong drawing skills an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of animation timing, posing, acting and storytelling techniques
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- High level of creativity, with the ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt working style to budget and schedule parameters
- Ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism well
- Availability to work overtime during production crunch periods
Company Website, About:
In 2007, three guys decided to build a studio that they would want to work for. Jam Filled has since expanded from a modest 400-square-foot attic in rural Manotick to a fully-operational, multi-production animation company with studios in Ottawa and Toronto. A dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, Jam Filled will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Jam Filled proudly joined the Boat Rocker Media Group family in 2016, which allowed the studio to spread its wings and grow as it continues to produce the highest quality animation and original content in the country.
To Apply: Please submit your application here:
Commitment to Barrier-Free Selection Process And Work Environment/Possible Accommodations:
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from all interested individuals across all gender and sexual identities, indigenous identity, ethno-racial identity, place of origin, age and ability.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Application Deadline: November 7, 2022
Be First to Comment