jobby: Modeling Intern, guru studio, Toronto
guru studio is looking for a Modeling Intern for our new animated series JUSTIN TIME. Start date is immediately and will last until the end of September.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Maya
- Educational qualification/school attendance in a related subject
- (e.g. arts, design, animation)
- Keen eye for detail and translating 2D concept art into 3D designs
- Experience modeling simple objects (can be part of your school portfolio)
- A good eye for anatomical detail and a basic understanding of the processes and requirements of both modelling and animation.
- Ability to document and clearly explain your choices and processes to other team members.
- The ability to use their own initiative in problem solving
- Good communication skills, along with a strong team orientation
- Keep CG Supervisor and/or leads and management informed of progress, changes and other critical issues
- Interest in learning on-the-job and developing their skill set at a busy, professional animation studio
Qualities and Attributes:
- Knowledge of working in an animation pipeline environment
- Knowledge of MEL scripting and any automated rigging processes.
- An understanding of 3D FK/IK skeletal animation systems for both control and deformation of 3D characters (stylised and realistic).
- Experience with secondary animation systems (including cloth /hair simulation)
What we offer:
- A fun creative environment.
- A chance to observe the world of animation production.
- Performance based honorarium and transportation.
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please no phone calls. Only selected applicants will be contacted.