JOB OPPORTUNITY: CHARACTER DESIGNER SUPERVISOR
Oasis Animation is expanding!
We are working on major projects, with several series already distributed around the world.
Oasis Animation: a company specialized in 2D digital animation
- The largest studio in Quebec and a major player in Canada
- Interesting challenges
- Skills development with training at Campus Oasis
- A team of passionate people
- Permanent position contracts for all our employees
- Variable hours to accommodate the needs of all
- Personal days
- Group insurance
- A very friendly social committee team
- A beautiful work studio in the heart of Plateau Mont Royal!
We are recruiting Character Designer supervisor:
A true actor, the character Designer supervisor is in charge to create the graphical representation of the characters in a 2Danimation series. That person oversees the conception process that brings the characters to life. He/she supervises and approves the work of the Character Designers and Clean-up Artists. He/she must comply with technical and artistic requirements coming from the Producer and the Director.
- Analyze the script
- Along with the Director, determine all the designs to create or reuse (characters, props, FX), based on the script
- Distribute the work equally among the Character Designers
- Supervise the work done by Artists ensuring the quality level is met
- Upon receipt of the final storyboard, add or adjust the designs from the model pack in order to complete it
- Do the revisions requested by the Producer and the Director
- Attend to the scrum meetings and communicate the pertinent information to the team
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Production Manager and the Director and inform them of the status of the work
- Provide regular feedback to team members in regards to their contribution
- Degree in animation or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony
- Talent for analyzing a script and translating it into images
- Imagination and sens of esthetic for creating characters
- Very good knowledge of anatomy and understanding of perspectives
- Minimum of 5 year experience in character design in a series or film
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong coordination ability and respect of deadlines
We are looking for rare gems to fill our teams. Highly creative, thirsty for new projects, willing to learn? Send us your CV and your portfolio at email@example.com and mention which position(s) are you looking for. You might be the one in a million!