Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for an 3D Lighting Supervisor to join our newest production.
- Direct a team of artists to ensure high quality and consistent lighting, assign shots to each artist based on skills/strengths
- Work with the compositing team to solve unique shot demands and reach the desired look
- Work with the Art and Programming team to solve technical and creative challenges within given constraints and visual requirements
- Communicate directly with the Art Director and Creative Supervisor to make sure set lighting meets the intended look of the show.
- 2+ years industry experience as a Lighting Supervisor or Lead
- Proven ability to successfully lead and mentor multiple teams
- Proficient in shot based lighting using VRay or Mental Ray. Experience with professional production renderers (RenderMan)required. Redshift experience is a major asset.
- Ability to develop repeatable, render efficient results that meet the objective of the creative brief
- Must have implicit ability to learn new tools
- A solid traditional portfolio (e.g. painting, photography) highlighting composition and artistic skills is an asset.
- Strong understanding of what is capable in compositing to reach the intended look. (Compositing experience is a major asset).
- knowledge of shaders, and their impact on render times.
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with 3D LIGHTING ARTIST in the subject line. Ontario and /or Canadian Citizenship Required. Guru is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in Guru Animation Studio. We hope to hear from you soon!