- Happy 70th birthday, NFB: animated films screening in Montreal.
- Claude Robinson wins plagiarism case against Cinar/Cookie Jar. Judge awards Robinson 5.2 million Canadian and orders Cookie Jar to cease production on Robinson Sucroe series and hand over existing prints to Robinson. More here. Quite a bit more here.
- Well, the African continent is officially the next destination for outsourcing. Caillou just went into production in South Africa. What will happen when African production costs rise? I’m guessing Caribbean or South America.
- Fatkat postscript. Still getting press for auction of assets.
- Nelvana continues it’s quest for world-domination: next up, Latin America.
from the internets
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- <strong><em>HOW TO LOSE EVERYTHING</em>,<br>A SERIES OF INDIGENOUS ANIMATED SHORT FILMS,<br>TO PREMIERE JANUARY 27 ON CBC GEM</strong><strong><em>HOW TO LOSE EVERYTHING</em>,<br>A SERIES OF INDIGENOUS ANIMATED SHORT FILMS,<br>TO PREMIERE JANUARY 27 ON CBC GEM</strong>
- Mastodon or Hive, What’s Your Twitter Alternative?
- TAAFI INDUSTRY CONFERENCE STARTS TODAY!!!
- Tilby/Forbis Pick Up the Win for Best Canadian Submission: OIAF 2022
- from the internets: September Animation Roundup