- Happy 70th birthday, NFB: animated films screening in Montreal.
- Claude Robinson wins plagiarism case against Cinar/Cookie Jar. Judge awards Robinson 5.2 million Canadian and orders Cookie Jar to cease production on Robinson Sucroe series and hand over existing prints to Robinson. More here. Quite a bit more here.
- Well, the African continent is officially the next destination for outsourcing. Caillou just went into production in South Africa. What will happen when African production costs rise? I’m guessing Caribbean or South America.
- Fatkat postscript. Still getting press for auction of assets.
- Nelvana continues it’s quest for world-domination: next up, Latin America.
from the internets
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Seneca Thesis Film Screening TOMORROW!!! 7PM!!!!
- press release: YMA Awards of Excellence Nominees
- from the internets: Hilda’s Megan Ferguson on Work/Life Balance
- from the internets: Montreal Scene, Hot Topic + Max & Ruby, Ed, Edd N Eddy Trivia, plus other things of varying degrees of interestingness.from the internets: Montreal Scene, Hot Topic + Max & Ruby, Ed, Edd N Eddy Trivia, plus other things of varying degrees of interestingness.
- It’s TAAFI Time!!!!!!