January 14, 2013
Arc Productions, a Canadian based CG animation and visual effects facility located in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Software Project Manager to join the team. With over 250 artists and technical staff and the most up to date resources available, we bring the vision to both major Hollywood studios and independent producers to life in a wide array of formats: theatrical features, television, DVDs, shorts and game cinematics.
JOB TITLE: Software Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Technology
The Software Project Manager manages the successful delivery of group projects. This role is required to generate project status reports and detailed analyses and to communicate the progress of projects to key stakeholders. The Software Project Manager coordinates and collaborates closely with technical leads and project teams to create project and user documentation, prepares staffing and headcount reports, and arranges and provides input at Technology group meetings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage the successful delivery of group projects
* Effectively manage resources, scheduling, and deliverables through the entire project life cycle (discovery, analysis, design, construction, test and implementation)
* Maintain and update project schedules and milestones using FastTrack Schedule (or equivalent) and proprietary software packages
* Provide direction to team members, monitor development activities, and assemble and track deliverables
* Ensure that issues are escalated and flagged immediately with the Head of Technology and Technology Supervisors
* Coordinate and collaborate closely with key stakeholders to define specification requirements, set priority and agree on delivery schedules
* Generate project status reports and detailed analyses as required, and communicate progress of projects to key stakeholders
* Coordinate and collaborate closely with technical leads and project teams to create project and user documentation
* Prepare regular staffing and headcount reports to assist Head of Technology and Technology Supervisors in future staffing requirements
* Arrange and provide input at Technology group meetings
* Prepare meeting materials including agendas, handouts, or reports as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 1-2 years in a support role in a Software Development environment OR 3+ years in a software developer role, software project coordination position, OR equivalent work experience.
* Computer science degree preferred.
* Strong understanding of software projects management
* Demonstrated ability to draft, review and evaluate project management and user documents
* Strong analytical and organizational skills
* Solid teamwork, communication and relationship management skills
* Proven willingness to work in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
* Self-motivated, decisive, and results-oriented
* Flexibility to accommodate rapid change and to deliver under accelerated timeframes
* Prior experience in the animation/VFX industry as a TD or software developer is a definite asset
Arc Productions is located at 230 Richmond St. East, Toronto, Ontario M5A 1P4 Canada
Thank you for your interest but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please apply at our website @ http://www.arcproductions.com/careers
Be First to Comment